PROFESSOR CARLOS GUIMARAES
Professor Carlos started training at 15 years old back in Belo Horizonte, Brazil with Professor Daniel Matheus, at the time a purple belt student under Gracie Barra. Since the beginning, he was very dedicated and, after about an year, he was helping with the kids’ classes at his school. At the age of 21, Professor Carlos received his black belt from Professor Aldo Januario, and went to teach classes in Germany for over 3 years. It was a great experience for him, and he learned a lot. In 2009, Professor Carlos received an invitation from Master Carlos and Professor Marcio to come to the U.S. to help the team at the GB Yorba Linda school. After being the chief instructor and overseeing all the positions, he was able to make his dream to own a school come true. Now Professor Carlos is really happy to be able to help people through BJJ and also to be able to balance being a family man, school owner, head instructor and active competitor.
PROFESSOR MARIO JUSWANTO
Professor Mario Juswanto began his training in Brazilian jiu-jitsu in 2007 at Gracie Barra Yorba Linda. He earned his black belt under the guidance of Professor Carlos “Chalita” Guimaraes. Professor Mario regularly trains at other Gracie Barra schools in addition to training at his home school, Gracie Barra Yorba Linda, in order to expand his knowledge and share what he has learned. He seeks to continuously improve himself while upholding the values of Gracie Barra. Professor Mario teaches both the children and adult classes. He enjoys motivating his students and helping them to reach their goals.
COACH CHRIS RODRIGUEZ
Coach Chris has been training Brazilian jiu-jitsu for two years and is a Blue Belt under Professor Carlos. His love for brazilian jiu-jitsu led him to take the program director position so he can share his passion with our students and families. Along with this position, he began to help coach the Little Champs and Juniors program as well as teaching Fundamentals classes. He enjoys the atmosphere in the school along with the friendships and training partners he has gained since joining our team. He also loves to compete in BJJ tournaments. He enjoys spending time with his family and watching his daughters play soccer.
COACH JAE LEE
Coach Jae Lee started Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in 2012 under Professor Carlos Guimaraes. He was motivated to start Jiu Jitsu after a health warning from his doctor and wife. He loves teaching the details and intricacies that make Brazilian Jiu Jitsu so effective and amazing. Coach Jae is passionate about Jiu Jitsu because of the health benefits, self-defense, and the memories he has made with his teammates. He is a brown belt and has competed in some of the most prestigious tournaments in California. He is a father of four and enjoys watching Korean dramas, being on Facebook, playing the guitar and attending church. He has also involved his son in the BJJ culture and enjoy training together.
Coach Will Zepeda
- Started training Jiu Jitsu at the end of 2008 under Professor Ulpiano Malachias.
- Previously coached at GB Santa Ana and GB Huntington Beach
- Currently a Purple Belt, teaching Fundamentals and Advanced Classes at Gracie Barra Yorba Linda under Professor Carlos.
- Fell in love with the sport after realizing all the amazing benefits Jiu Jitsu could provide anyone who practices the gentle art.
- Certified through the National Academy of Sports and medicine both corrective exercises and performance enhancement/ previously spent my time running strength and conditioning programs/ personal training.
- Hobbies: I spend my time power lifting, doing cross fit, eating healthy, spending time with family and friends, and most importantly coaching at Gracie Barra Yorba Linda where each day we all grow stronger as a team.
A short bio will be posted soon!